Your quest for decent paid survey panels might have led you to a site called Opini Surveys. On the surface, it does exactly the same thing like every other panel: they promise to reward you for providing them with your opinions. But do they actually deliver on that promise? I decided to take a thorough look at it, and give you my honest opinion.
So, in this review, we’ll dive into the bits and pieces and find out if the panel is worth your time.
When you’re trying to figure out whether a panel is legit or scam, the first thing you wanna do is look into the company. Are they disclosing it? Do they have contact info on their website? As it turns out, this one is run by a company called Asia Opinions Ltd. Its headquarters are in the United Kingdom, whereas their primary target are consumers from South Asia. That, however, doesn’t mean that people from other countries aren’t welcome to join. They are currently accepting people from UK, USA and Canada too.
How Does It Work?
Provided you reside in one of the aforementioned countries, you can join the panel for free (another sign of legitimacy). Just hit the “Join” tab in the upper right hand corner. You will be prompted to choose your country first.
Upon doing that, you’ll have to download their app. It’s available both for Android and IOS users. On-site registration isn’t available (at least right now). During the signup process, you only have to enter a few basic demographic information, but there are additional questionnaires that you can complete whenever it suits you. The sooner the better, of course, as the info will help provide you with more relevant surveys that you are more likely to qualify for. Once you’ve set up everything, you can check for available surveys in the app, sign into your dashboard on the site, or wait for email invitations to hit your inbox.
That being said, surveys aren’t the only thing you can do here. From time to time, you should also get invitations to:
- Focus groups
- Phone interviews
- Product testing
- Video diaries
How Much Can I Earn?
I can’t overemphasize how much I like it when a panel provides detailed information on what you can expect to earn. And Opini Surveys rock on that account. Not only are they saying in the “Rewards” tab that you can earn between $0.40 and $4 (sometimes more) per successfully completed survey, but they also provide a table that tells you how rewards progress with survey length. Note, however that the rewards vary depending on your country.
Make money by taking online surveys!
Sign up below to learn how!
That being said, there is a minimum amount of money you need to accrue before being able to cash out. A strange thing is that this amount also varies from one country to another. So, if you are in the US, you’re gonna need to earn the minimum of $12.50 in order to cash out via PayPal, or $10 if you just want to get an Amazon gift card.
While rummaging through the panel, I noticed another, even weirder thing. Even though they defined $0.40 – $4 as the typical range of earnings per survey, the same page says that the range is actually $0.25 to $5. In the US at least. That means that the minimum specified above wasn’t true. Considering that they are very (and rarely) straightforward with these information, I don’t think they were trying to trick us. Most probably, it’s just sloppiness on their part. And that isn’t rare at all in this industry.
Anyhow – according to another piece of info found in the FAQ section – you can expect anywhere between one and seven survey invitations each month. That means you can’t possibly make more than a dozen bucks on this panel. And that’s only if you get more than a single survey, and if you qualify for them all.
- Amazon gift cards are great. PayPal is better. But getting to choose between them is the best! There’s even a third option, GCodes. And that is a reward system where you can redeem your code for various merchandise, retail gift cards, event tickets, hotels, and more.
- Surveys aren’t the only thing you can do. There are also, as I said above, focus groups, phone interviews, product testing, and more. These activities pay better than surveys – up to $30 each. But they happen rarely enough for you not to be able to rely on them.
- Cash will hit your balance within 24 hours. With many other panels, it takes days, weeks, or even months to get your hands on the money.
- Asian survey takers, rejoice! As you are all too aware, most panels out there are specifically catered to the US users, sometimes accepting UK and Canada too – and that’s it. This one is different in that respect.
- Don’t hope to get many surveys. Naturally, it will depend on your location and demographic profile, as well as their clients’ current needs and preferences. However, even if you are a perfect match, you shouldn’t expect more than seven surveys per month. And that’s not me saying it. That’s their own website. You should download and use their app too if you want to maximize your chances. But even so, this panel won’t be able to replace your day job.
- You will get disqualified a lot. When I say a lot, I mean it. It’s a notorious issue with most survey sites, but that fact doesn’t make it any less annoying. Especially considering how few surveys you will get invitation for.
Final Thoughts – Are Opini Surveys Worth Your Time?
Take a look at the above lists of pros and cons. There are four pros against two cons. The math should be convincing enough if this game were about numbers. Alas, it isn’t.
Even though most of the things I mentioned sound awesome in theory, the practice is different. However swift the payments are, however low the cashout threshold, and however nice the rewards, it all makes little sense if you only get to take one or two surveys each month. Therefore, I would only recommend you to combine this panel with others. Take half an hour to register and complete your profile, and then forget about it. When an email invitation pings, try your luck. Otherwise, don’t waste your time on checking your dashboard time and again.
All of this only pertains to the US users, since I tested the panel from that location. Things might be different for users in Asia. If you are one of them, try it out for yourself. It’s a legit panel and there’s no harm in giving it a chance.