Survey sites are nice because they allow us, the consumers, to earn a little money on the side by simply giving our opinion. In return, companies gain valuable insight which they can use to improve their existing products or create new ones.
New ones which we’ll all enjoy, because the companies listened to what we wanted, which in turn lets the company earn money to give back to us. It is a full circle! But, let’s face it. While the “earning money” part can be awesome, filling out surveys is not everyone’s idea of fun.
But what if we tell you that there’s a survey site which promises to deliver fun? That’s right. This survey site is apparently so much fun that kids and teens are invited to join, enjoy, and earn money! That sounds too good to be true, right? That’s what we thought, too. Hence, we are writing this short review today to find out if PanelPolls is really as cool as it claims, or just a hot scam.
Before anything else, here’s a quick overview of the website and the company behind it. PanelPolls has been in the business since 1999 and is powered by the research company, Touchstone Research. This makes it one of the most experienced and longest running survey sites online. In fact, the company itself started in 1991 and held its first online survey back in 1997. That’s pretty impressive, right?
Touchstone Research provides marketing research services to really big brands such as DreamWorks Studios, IBM, and even Google, just to name a few.
We know what you’re thinking: “Wait, those aren’t ‘cool.’ They’re big companies, yes, but not cool.” Well, let’s go back to PanelPolls, shall we? PanelPolls works with MTV, Mega, Hot Wheels, and Nickelodeon…but we’re only getting started.
So PanelPolls has an amazing background, but does it deliver?
How Does PanelPolls Work?
The PanelPolls website is visually pleasant. You already know that it’s more upbeat compared to other survey sites the moment you land on their homepage. Their market is definitely families, more specifically, kids and teens. All the basic information you need to know, such as the brands that they work with, a short blurb about the company, and how the whole website works, can be easily found on the website’s home page.
Their registration process is very easy. All you need to do is to sign up for free, and that’s it. Only minimal personal information is required. You just need to meet their eligibility requirements, which can be found below:
- You have to be a resident of the United States.
- Parents should give kids aged 6 to 17 their consent in order to be able to join the website.
Aside from that, anyone can join:
Make money by taking online surveys!
Sign up below to learn how!
- Parents of kids aged 2 to 17
- Kids aged 6 to 14
- Teens aged 15 to 17
- Young adults aged 18 to 24
Once you have completed the registration process, you may now take part in their research events. Here are some of them:
- Watch new and upcoming television shows and movies
- Join their online communities
- Be a beta-tester for upcoming games
- If you’re from New York City or Los Angeles, you can also be a part of their in-person focus groups.
And that’s not all, there are definitely more fun things to do as a PanelPolls member and everything allows you to earn points which you can then redeem for cash (sent via check) or gift card. It’s your choice. Each option only has a minimum redemption point.
What We Love About PanelPolls:
- They have an impressive background and a wide range of client partners.
- Registration is absolutely free.
- The research activities that they offer are enjoyable to do.
- Everyone in the family can join and earn at the same time, even kids.
- Their minimum payout option is not that high compared to other survey sites.
- They will let you earn for every invite sent, even if you don’t pass the eligibility questions.
What We Don’t Like About PanelPolls:
- You can only redeem your points to cash in the form of a check. There’s no faster payout option offered, such as PayPal.
- You need to be in New York City or Los Angeles in order to be a part of their in-person focus groups (which coincidentally, also pay the most!).
- Speaking of location, they are limited to the US, even though the brands that they work with are international companies.
A Quick Summary
- PanelPolls is a survey site for the whole family. Adults are not the only people who can earn through PanelPolls. Kids, teens, and young adults can sign up for membership too, as long as kids between the ages of 2 and 17 get parental consent.
- They offer different research opportunities in which their members can participate. In fact, they seldom offer the usual online survey at all. They offer beta-testing for new games, in-person focus groups, and more.
- Each family can maximize their earnings. Since everyone in the family can join, even the kids, everyone can earn at the same time. That means more earnings for each family.
PanelPolls vs. Other Survey Sites
PanelPolls is definitely set apart from other survey sites, given their target demographic and research opportunities, hence it could be difficult to even compare them to other survey sites.
As for the earnings, their minimum payout is about the same payout price as that of other survey sites. It be more convenient if they offered a PayPal option, which a lot of other survey sites offer.
Finally, much like the other survey sites, PanelPolls is a great option to earn extra money and is not meant for anyone to take on as a fulltime endeavor—even with the whole family earning. While it can certainly let your family earn more than the usual survey site, it is still not enough to let you earn a living.
PanelPolls is 100% legitimate! It’s a cool and fun website to join and it certainly lives up to its name. If you are looking for a survey site where your kids can also sign up, especially for those who love playing games both mobile and console, then PanelPolls is certainly a survey site worth checking out.