Last Updated on
Our opinions as consumers are powerful. We can make or break a product or service. This is the reason that companies pay for them through survey sites.
Are you a consumer looking for a way to earn a little bit of money on the side by answering surveys which don’t take a lot of time and effort at all? Then you might have discovered by now that there are a lot of different survey sites out there. And while that’s good news because it gives us a lot of choices, it’s also a bit challenging to discern those that truly pay out from those that are just there to scam people.
Therefore, allow us to help you out through this review. Today, we are going to talk about the survey site, Power of Opinions, and see for ourselves whether it really is a powerful survey site, or just out there to scam unknowing consumers.
Power of Opinions
First, let’s talk a little bit about the website and the people behind it. Power of Opinions is a survey site powered by Atomik Research, a market research company based in the UK. The survey site itself targets UK residents, though anyone can join regardless of your country or location.
Atomik Research is a big company (with more than 50,000 members in the UK alone), with an impressive background. They are working with really established companies like Bobbi Brown, Timberland, Aveda, and Uni-Ball, just to name a few.
How Does Power of Opinions Work?
The Power of Opinions website is very clean and simple. The graphics are minimal, and the page includes a short summary of what the website is all about as well as all the links you’ll need to navigate the site. Registration and login links are convenient and easily accessible.
It is obvious from the start that their target demographic is UK residents, as we’ve already mentioned. But again, anyone belonging to any country can sign up for membership. If you’ve decided to join, then simply click on “Click here to register.” This will lead you to the sign up page where you would need to complete a number of steps in order to join.
Once you’ve completed the registration successfully, you will become eligible to receive survey invitations through email. Each survey completed will allow you to earn “Power Points” through the website’s reward system. Once you’ve accumulated points, you may then choose how you want to redeem your earnings. You can choose between cash (via PayPal) or a gift voucher from a brand of your choice.
Instead of having a minimum payout option, though, they have three payout increments instead:
- 1000 Power Points
- 2500 Power Points
- 5000 Power Points
Each of these power point increments has an equivalent cash value.
Finally, aside from answering surveys, you can also earn more power points through their referral program. Each person referred can earn you 5 up to more than 100 power points, including bonuses. The only requirement is for your referral to complete one survey successfully.
What We Like About Power of Opinions:
- It has an impressive company background.
- You can join for free and even invite your friends to join.
- You can earn cash for every completed survey.
- You can easily withdraw your earnings via PayPal
- If you choose to redeem your power points through a gift voucher instead, you have the liberty to select what kind of voucher you’re going to get.
- Anyone can join, regardless of their location.
What We Don’t Like About Power of Opinions:
- You have to meet the redemption increments in order to reap your rewards.
- Those from the UK get survey invites more frequently compared to those from other places.
- PayPal’s transaction fee will be deducted from your earnings.
A Quick Summary
- Power of Opinions is a good survey site to join. Especially if you are from the UK. But even if you’re not, you can still sign up and join.
- There are two ways to earn money in Power of Opinions. First, you can respond to survey invitations sent to you via email. Complete each survey and earn power points which you can then redeem for cash. And second, while you’re waiting for your next survey, you may also invite your friends to sign up and earn via referral.
- Power of Opinions is a nice way to let your favorite brands know what you think. Finally, living up to their name, Power of Opinions allows you to communicate with your favorite brands and let them know how you feel and what you think about their products and services. The Power of Opinions survey site is working with some of the biggest names in a variety of industries.
Power of Opinions vs. Other Survey Sites
The first major difference we have seen in Power of Opinions is that it targets UK citizens. A lot of the survey sites out there cater to US citizens only. Moreover, it is open for those who live in other countries, too.
Another difference is that it gives you a choice as to what type of gift voucher you’re going to get. Some other survey sites only have one or two options; still others don’t offer this option at all.
Finally, it’s nice that they allow their members to redeem their earnings via PayPal. Other survey sites only let you redeem your cash earnings in the form of a check.
Power of Opinions is a legitimate site that allows your opinions to be heard by the biggest companies. And while it’s mostly targeted to UK citizens, almost anyone can join. Much like other survey sites, though, Power of Opinions is a good survey site to sign up for if you’re only looking for something that will let you earn some extra money, and not something for primary income.
While the website does offer two ways to earn money, your earnings will still not be enough to work as a replacement for a fulltime job. Other than that, feel free to sign up for Power of Opinions knowing that you are not being scammed and that you can actually earn real money for every survey you complete.