Answering surveys is a very lucrative pastime or hobby, but may not be the most fun. At some point though, it can be, especially if you choose the right company that truly values your efforts and rewards you appropriately.
With the vast array of online survey companies out there these days, sometimes it can be hard to work out which ones are worth your time. Hence, in this piece, we will be looking at one such survey company, under the name QuickThought.
We’ll take a look at some of the key features as well as some of the pros and cons associated with this survey provider. Once you have all this information, you’ll be in a good place to determine if they are a survey company worth the effort or not.
It’s worth noting that QuickThoughts is actually the name of the app itself, and the company that operates it is called Survey Sampling Intl. LLC. While they are very much an international company, QuickThoughts is aimed primarily at the US market, and users from other countries may find their survey opportunities pretty limited.
How Does QuickThoughts Work?
As an app, the first thing you need to do is to download it. It is available from all the big app stores that you would expect to find it in, such as Google Play and the Apple App Store. You also need to make sure that the device you plan on installing it onto is compatible. You probably won’t have much trouble though, providing you have the latest software on your devices.
The QuickThoughts app can run on:
- iPhone and iPad
- Kindle Fire
- Smartphones or Tablets with Android OS
Signing up is pretty easy since all you need is a valid e-mail address. There are no rewards for the initial sign up, as you see with some companies, but there are also no extensive hoops to jump through, and you shouldn’t be contacted directly by phone.
Before you can proceed, the one procedure in place is to click the link emailed to you to validate your e-mail address. All in all, though, it’s pretty straightforward!
There are two ways to make money through this app, and they are:
- Paid Surveys
These will be completed via the app, and are of the standard type of questioning that you would recognize if you’ve ever completed online surveys before. They will take anywhere from five to 20 minutes to complete, and will earn you $3 per survey.
The neat thing is that if you don’t like the survey you’re working through like if it seems too long, boring, or on a topic on which you have limited knowledge, you can cancel it and move on to another one. They have a lot, so it really doesn’t matter!
- Shopping Assignments
These can vary, ranging from taking and submitting images of products on store shelves to completing a questionnaire after you’ve finished shopping in a set location. Payment will also vary depending on the length and complexity of the assigned task.
That is, broadly speaking, all there is to it. You perform the surveys until you’ve banked enough cash, then redeem it as vouchers from Amazon and iTunes. They are e-mailed to you, by the way, so you have near-instant access to your rewards.
What We Like about QuickThoughts
- Thousands of surveys available
- Nice and straightforward payout
- Popular app
- Rewards from hugely popular stores
- Some variety in the type of surveys offered
- Surveys are very easy to find
What We Don’t Like about QuickThoughts
- No cash incentives
- Surveys can’t be done on normal web browsers
- You might miss some surveys.
A Quick Summary
- QuickThoughts is very technology based. As an app, they are at the cutting edge of the survey-taking industry. However, it means that you won’t be able to accomplish surveys on your laptops or desktop computers.
- You decide when to complete a survey. You don’t have to wait for an invite e-mail, you simply open the app when you want and ask for a survey. All you have to do is download the app, click the “Find me a Survey” button and, usually, you’re all set to go! Also, with many varieties of surveys to choose from, you wouldn’t feel bored.
- This is not a new career. The biggest drawback of this provider is that they don’t give out cash. You need to bank up points until you have enough to redeem as a gift voucher in multiples of $10.
- An extremely popular app. This app has been downloaded more than a million times from Google Play alone, so when you include the number of times it was downloaded from the Apple app store, then, the number might double. The fact that so many people like this app is a good sign, but do take note that its sheer popularity could also mean that some surveys are oversubscribed, so you might miss out on some.
QuickThoughts vs. Other Survey Sites
Compared to other sites, one of the most impressive aspects of QuickThoughts is the sheer volume of surveys available. While other survey takers will send you an invite email, with QuickThoughts, you are in control. You decide how many or few surveys you want to take, and when you want to do them.
They also have an excellent record in giving out vouchers with a high money equivalent as compared to others. At present, this stands at around $5.3 million, and it is growing every day.
QuickThoughts is one of the new breeds of surveys that took advantage of new technology. The fact that it can be installed right onto your phone also makes it a very convenient service for you. You can pull out your phone anywhere when you have a little time to kill, and quickly earn enough for a very useful voucher coming from a number of popular shopping sites.
There is no doubt that QuickThoughts is completely legit, and while you can’t start a new career with this site, you can easily turn small scraps of downtime here and there into vouchers to redeem.