|NOTICE:||SendEarnings is officially closed as of July 2, 2020, and has been replaced by InboxDollars.|
SendEarnings was a great website if you were patient and wanted to earn cash for doing small tasks online. Unfortunately, it was replaced by InboxDollars in 2020. The following review is about the old, now nonexistent website, SendEarnings.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is SendEarnings?
If you search the web for ways to make extra cash, there’s a good chance that you may bump into SendEarnings quite fast. If you have ever tried InboxDollars before, a strange feeling of déjà-vu may creep over you. Go on, make a few clicks on their website and you will discover how this platform is a constituent part of a quite impressive group with a name and reputation you can trust: InboxDollars.
Basically, SendEarnings, together with InboxDollars and InboxPounds, is part of an international network that has millions of users and is used by thousands of well-known brands who share and receive valuable information there. That’s much need reassurance that this is a legit website and not a scam, as the website design itself could use many improvements.
So what sets them apart from the plethora of other paid survey sites out there? Compared to the majority of survey websites, they offer an even wider range of activities. Instead of points, they offer good old-fashioned cash. Let’s take a closer look at when, and how, they do that.
How SendEarnings Works
To put it bluntly, SendEarnings will encourage you into participating in a wide variety of online activities to earn some cash. You should always have a clear image of how much you’ve gathered in your account, and you should be able to cash payouts with the simple click of a button. That’s the ethos behind the website.
The principle is pretty clear and straight-forwarded. They are paid by advertisers to reach consumers, like you and me, collect our opinions about their products and services, and then send the data further on. It’s a lucrative business, but they’re not trying to hide anything.
SendEarnings entice you with offers of cash for taking surveys, reading emails, playing games, or watching videos. They even promise you a $5 bonus when you register with them. So what’s the catch?
- While you can cash out with just one mouse click, you actually need to have a minimum of $30 in your account before you do so.
- If the first $5 is a piece of cake to make, the rest can be rather more difficult to achieve.
- On top of that, at some point, you may find yourself having to pay money yourself just to enter a certain section of the website.
We’ll come back to that last, crucial, point a little later but for now, here is what you can do once you join SendEarnings and you activate your profile:
- Read emails – whenever you receive a paid email into your inbox, you simply need to open it and click on a link that confirms you have read it – the link will redirect you to the page of the advertiser behind that email and two cents will be assigned to your account. What could be simpler?
- Take surveys – for a survey that can require from 10 to 30 minutes of your time, you can earn cash sums ranging from fifty cents to three dollars. Some surveys are available all the time, from the moment they notify you about them, while others have limited availability, and expire within a few days.
- Complete offers – this works in a similar way to the surveys. Free options reward you with between fifty cents and three dollars: most of them will ask you to fill out specific forms. There are also paid offers, that require the use of a credit card, and their rewards can vary from three to ten dollars apiece.
- Clip coupons – you get to choose from a wide range of around three hundred coupons per day. Simply download the coupon printer, choose the desired coupon, and for every single coupon that you redeem in a store, you will get ten cents, as well as a discount on products.
- Watch videos – this is a task that brings in only a few cents a day, so it’s not the most generous option on SendEarnings. There are a limited number of paid videos available to watch each day and, to be honest, this activity is one of the most time-consuming and poorly paid.
- Run paid searches – SendEarnings.com has a dedicated search bar where you can type in whatever searches you would run on a search engine. You should receive one cent for every two searches, with a five-cent bonus if you keep using that bar for at least four days out of seven.
- Play games – this is part of the site that annoyed me a little since these games are from World Winner and they require you to pay a fee. In other words, you will have to put money into your World Winner account, play the games, and you should then receive money back into your SendEarnings.com account. How much will you make? Not enough – just 18% of the amount you invest – and not everyone qualifies! (I’m going to tell you more about this major inconvenience below, in the pros and cons section).
- Take a cash task – this option offers you a list of tasks for which every single user is eligible, which is nice. It works by the first come first served rule, so if you find something that you enjoy, you should really put your hands on it as quickly as possible. From completing product or service descriptions to translating phrases or identifying contents of different photos, the tasks are interesting and varied. I liked this part of the SendEarnings experience.
- Gain referrals – referrals are new people who you bring into the SendEarnings system. No matter how many people you bring in, you will get 10% from almost everything that they earn. The only situations when you won’t cash in from their bonuses relate to the sign-up bonus, the profile surveys, and the paid email messages.
These are the nine main options for making money on this website. The moment you gather thirty dollars, you can claim your reward. The money will come in the form of a check, on the first Wednesday after a period of 10 to 16 days, which they say is necessary for processing the payment.
See Related Topic: EarningStation Review
Once you have earned and claimed your first check, you are automatically enrolled as a gold member, which means you have some interesting perks:
- You get paid on the next Wednesday every time you request a payment
- You have access to some exclusive offers
- You can receive even more referrals, from the people who register without a referral link and who are then automatically distributed among the Gold members
- You enjoy double the search loyalty reward
- Your sweepstakes entries will double
How Easy Is SendEarnings to Use?
My first contact with SendEarnings left a bit to be desired. The design of the website is very simple and not very alluring. With just a few lines of introduction, I was hit by a big red button and three textboxes inviting me to Take Surveys, Play Games, or Shop Online. It didn’t exactly fill me with confidence or excitement.
Once you click on something, however, as someone who is not a member, you will be redirected to the guest section of the website, from where you can find a lot more options. It looked better, so I breathed a sigh of relief and I started my journey into the world of SendEarnings. It was an easier journey than I’d expected.
Every money-making option is displayed as an individual menu, with clear options and even clearer bonuses. Their most popular offers are displayed at the bottom of the page, with a short description and a button indicating how much you should earn for completing the task.
As far as the navigation is concerned, things are pretty much intuitive, which is how they should be. The real pain starts when you have the courage to look for their FAQ section – it’s like a jungle out there, with so many branches, and links, and intimidating terms for first-time users, that it almost discourages you to dig deeper.
As an example of the above, I wanted to learn more about their payment system, and I was puzzled to see how many subsections they had in there. And that’s just one tiny example of the way they can overwhelm you when you try to get down to the nitty-gritty.
Fortunately, they do have a live chatbox, where you can type in the desired question and you should then get the exact information that you need, directly from one of their professionals. It’s quite quick in operation.
My Experience with SendEarnings
I made no secret out of the poor initial impression that SendEarnings gave me. At first, the website looked terrible and the idea that I could make even a dollar out of it was hard to believe.
Time has passed and with more experience of the site, I have to admit that my opinion has changed somewhat.
To end the suspense, I came to enjoy the SendEarnings website for some very specific reasons:
• You really have plenty of activities to make money out of them
• The threshold of $30 seems easier to understand than the points-based system that other websites work with
• The chances to get bored are smaller since you can use the platform to complete some of your daily tasks – I, for instance, use the search option quite a lot and I could even add some referral banners on my personal website to generate more referrals and more cash.
• They have some big fish in their nets, like Amazon, from where I tested the 30 days free Prime account. That means you have access to some truly useful offers, not just discounts for Nivea moisturizing face creams and other such products.
What I didn’t appreciate very much, however, were the following issues:
- They only make payments via checks, and I, for one, prefer more modern payment methods. A Paypal payment option would have been very much appreciated.
- Even though they claim that active members will receive three paid surveys per day, the rule only applies to US residents. Furthermore, even some of those complain that they are not getting offers as regularly as anticipated. For a website that boasts of having users from all over the world, limiting this option to Americans doesn’t seem like an overly smart choice – it’s as if they are trying to minimize the revenue odds for those from abroad, and this could be related to the fact that they only pay in checks.
- The cash-back option for playing games is less than ideal. First of all, you need to pay up in order to access offers that can give you cash, which totally contradicts the idea of a 100% free moneymaking website. Secondly, only first-time users of World Winner can cash back out of whatever they invest in these games. To put it another way, if you’ve played with them before and you are not opening your account through SendEarnings.com, you won’t see a dime from World Winner. Watch out for that one, it’s not a scam but it could cost you potential earnings.
- Some users say that once you get close to the $30 threshold, you might discover that you become less and less eligible for paid surveys. It’s as if they are trying to make you get involved in other tasks as well, postponing for as long as possible the magic moment when you will be able to ask for a payment to be sent.
- And as if making those $30 wasn’t difficult enough, they will take a three-dollar processing fee out of your hard-earned money when sending you the check.
For someone willing to explore this option and use SendEarnings, I can tell you the safest strategy is to put your eggs in more than one basket. That is why I am continuing to entertain myself with activities on SendEarnings while trying other websites such as Toluna and Quickrewards.
Patience and caution is the safest way to approach these websites. When your goal is to have fun, the cents pile up a bit easier, or at least that’s the way it always seems to me.
You might like this survey site too…
If you have the time to do all kinds of small tasks online, SendEarnings is a place where you can test your luck along with your patience. I was also pleased to discover that the parent company, the one that has even InboxDollar under its umbrella, has an A+ rating coming from the Better Business Bureau. That’s another sign you can trust, the sign of a legit website.
Making thirty dollars is hard, but far from impossible, and every day moves you closer to the goal. Despite the fact that many users complained about losing time trying to take surveys they weren’t qualified for, I learned my lesson early on: it pays to focus on other tasks that are:
- Less time-consuming
- And with fewer chances to get you disqualified
That’s the beauty of testing a money-making website, rather than solely a dedicated survey website – you have more directions to go in, and more choices to make. After all, variety is the spice of life.
At least from this last perspective, SendEarnings is a place where you cannot get bored easily. It just takes a little patience to go through their tangled-up FAQ section and, especially if you have a bit of experience from other similar platforms, you will know how to avoid the most common pitfalls.
I would tell you to go for it, but with caution and, obviously, don’t spend your entire day on their website. There are definitely other options out there to consider as well, but this is far from the worst. Quick Rewards is another decent site to try out your luck.