Updated top 5 survey sites for September 2020. Use the links below to get the best current sign up offers for each:
(I recommend signing up for a few in one go as offers change regularly, and some of the better sites close their doors often)
Taking paid surveys online has got to be one of the most carefree ways of earning some extra bucks. Unless it takes ages to find a decent panel that won’t kick you out when you’re already ten minutes into a survey. And unless it takes months to actually get your hands on the money you earned. Just like with any other way of making money online, it takes ages to find a good survey panel that actually delivers on their basic promise. And that is why I was very pleased to stumble upon Survey Time.
They are a fairly new player in the world of surveys. Launched in 2018, the panel is a project run by Persona.ly, a modern ad-tech company that already boasts collaboration with market research giants such as Toluna, Nielsen, SSI, and others. That should be enough to put your mind at ease when it comes to legitimacy.
But, instead of jumping to conclusions, let’s dissect the panel and find out everything about it. Then, we will determine together if it’s worth your time.
How Does It Work?
The basic model is very simple on Survey Time. There are three steps ahead of you:
- You need to spend a few minutes on signing up and completing your profile.
- Complete surveys as they come in. You are in for some fun here.
- Collect your payment immediately, as soon as you submit your answers.
It can hardly get any simpler than that. As far as I’ve seen (as well as many other U.S. users), there are many surveys waiting for you to take them. Of course, they will run out from time to time. But when that happens, all you have to do is come back a bit later.
Read Related Article: EarningStation Review – A 2020 Deep Dive
When it comes to the profile survey, it took me about seven minutes to complete it. Apart from the usual demographic questions such as your household income, education level, employment status, there were even some very simple mathematical problems. When a boy has four marbles and loses one, how many does he have left? As you can see, these shouldn’t worry you. They are probably just supposed to filter out any bots out there.
As for the surveys themselves, before entering any of them, there will be a short questionnaire with one or two questions relevant to the survey. That shouldn’t worry you in the least, since it literally takes five seconds to get past these.
How Much Cash Will I Get (and When)?
This is where it gets more interesting. Unlike most of their competitors, Survey Time pays equally for all of their surveys – exactly $1.
If you think that isn’t much, think again. Sometimes, this dollar will be a reward for a 10-minute survey. Other times, you will make it in just a minute or two. But let’s do some math instead of speculating. Say you get four surveys, each taking 15 minutes to fill out. (According to the FAQ section on their site, the average duration is 10-15 minutes, very rarely more than that.) That’s $4 per hour, and you can proudly say that you earned it with zilch effort. On average, survey takers don’t get to earn much more than $0.50 per hour. The case is pretty clear.
Even if you only get two or three surveys every day, it’s a $40 – $60 extra cash on a monthly basis – enough to pay for those great hoodies you’ve been eyeing for weeks.
And the best part about this panel is that you can send that dollar to your PayPal account immediately and directly. No strings attached, and no minimum withdrawal amount! You will just need to verify your phone number (for security reasons, probably), and wait for as little as two or three minutes.
During the initial, screener questionnaire that precedes each survey, you will get questions that might strike you as similar to each other to a certain extent. Remember that you need to always answer honestly. Otherwise, your profile might get flagged. This screening process is a common thing for almost all survey panels. It helps the algorithm to send you surveys that are more or less an exact match to your demography. And Survey Time is one of the best panels in that regard, if you provide them with all the info.
Taking surveys on a desktop is great, but you can also use Survey Time on your mobile or tablet. The website is 100% mobile responsive, so you don’t have to download yet another app to burden your phone memory. Just log in as you would normally do on your computer, and dig in! You shouldn’t experience any technical difficulties.
You can always visit the website to check for new available surveys. But there are more seamless ways of staying in touch. You can opt for email notifications or even text messages to let you know when there are new earning opportunities for you.
What Do Users Say?
Frankly, I was very surprised to see a survey panel with such a good rating on TrustPilot. With over 200 user reviews, the average grade is four out of five stars, which sounds like music to my ears. Furthermore, a whopping 62% of all users have rated it as excellent.
What are those users so thrilled about? There are three main reasons: payout efficiency, fun and relevant surveys, and ease of use. Hardly anything can combat that.
But no system is perfect, so let’s see what the so-so or downright bad reviews are talking about. There are two main groups of complaints: fewer surveys than elsewhere, and accounts being flagged for no obvious reason.
As for the former, I’ve tested the platform and don’t think it’s lacking in surveys. Of course, it’s far from being an endless stream of cash just waiting to pour into your pocket. (If that were the case, I would be sitting on a beach with a cocktail right now instead of writing this review!) But, if you’re patient and persistent, you should be pretty satisfied with the usual amount of surveys. That isn’t to say that those users are disgruntled liars. I don’t doubt what they say; I just think it depends on their location and demographic category.
The second major complaint, suspension of accounts, also needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Who’s to say that those users haven’t broken any rules? As far as I’ve seen, all that it takes to have your account flagged is to give dishonest answers (which contradict your previous ones). Or to try and open multiple accounts. To avoid this problem, scroll up to Tip #1 and just be careful when entering your personal information.
What We Like About Survey Time
- PayPal is their best pal. And honestly, it should be yours too. It’s one of the most efficient ways of getting payments online, and it’s also mega useful if you shop online frequently (or need to send money to your kid within minutes).
- There are nice alternatives to PayPal, if you prefer gift cards. And those gift cards are the best there are: Amazon, Target, Walmart, Decathlon. So, if you frequently shop there, your wallet is in for a bit of relief. In other countries, gift cards might be different – depending on local circumstances.
- Payouts are super fast and there’s no threshold! If you have spent at least some time on taking surveys online, you are likely aware of the most annoying (and sadly, most common) fact: payouts may take days, weeks, or even months. No such issues here – every dollar you earn will hit your PayPal balance within minutes.
- Each survey pays exactly the same. $1 flat doesn’t seem like a lot of cash, but you will often earn it in just a minute or two. And even if it takes longer, it’s still a huge pro because most other survey panels have pretty fuzzy and unstable ways of compensation. And yes, most other sites pay in cents rather than dollars.
- Tired of being kicked out in the middle of a survey due to (in)eligibility? That won’t happen a lot with Survey Time. With them, the screener survey actually does what it’s supposed to do. At least most of the time.
- There are literally no geographical restrictions. Anyone from anywhere in the world can become a member. That is not to say that all users will have equal opportunities and earning potential. Still, it’s nice to have a panel that doesn’t automatically favor American, Canadian, or U.K. residents.
- It is hands down one of the simplest survey sites out there. Even if you’ve never been near a survey panel or aren’t even acquainted with that way of making money, you will get it all in just a few minutes. The site is modern and intuitive, so you don’t have to spend 15 minutes in finding your way around it.
What We Don’t Like About Survey Time
- You can’t wait and accrue your earnings. Remember how other survey sites require you to meet a certain threshold (and not a low one at that!) before being able to cash out? This one doesn’t do it. Still, it doesn’t mean you are absolutely free to cash out whenever you feel like. In fact, you will have to do it as soon as you’re done with a survey. Even though this is a con, it really isn’t much of a biggie. After all, there are no fees, so you will get everything you’ve earned, up to the last penny.
Final Thoughts – There’s Hardly Anything Not to Like
After trying out this panel, I can confidently say that it’s been one of the major surprises within the past couple of years. It isn’t perfect, but nothing ever is. And from what I’ve seen, they are a young company, which makes me hope that they will keep improving and fixing any issues to give us the best user experience.
In the meantime, feel free to register and start earning. It’s a legit panel that won’t trick you into giving away your sensitive information. Furthermore, it’s better and more efficient than most panels out there. Go ahead and earn some bucks while having fun!