Most people are into online surveys for money. However small the incentives are, they can add up, especially if you choose your panels carefully. But some people like to take surveys even without any reimbursement – merely for the fun of it. If you are one of them, the panel called SurveyMonkey Contribute can be just the right one for you. And here’s an in-depth review to let you know how it works, if it’s legitimate, and why you should or shouldn’t rely on it.
Maybe you’ve already heard of SurveyMonkey platform. This one is its subsidiary, but it won’t bring you any money if that’s what you hope for. Instead, it will donate your earnings to various charities. That’s not all there is to it, though. You will also gain sweepstakes entries. The third way of taking advantage of the panel is to nominate a charity so that they would enlist it as one of the options for future donations.
SurveyMonkey Contribute – Overview
Even though it’s not always good to judge a kid by its parent, it still helps to know a thing or two about the latter – in our case, SurveyMonkey itself. They have been one of the most famous players in the market research industry since their beginnings in 1999. Based in San Mateo, California, they offer a platform for creating customizable surveys in every niche, for any audience. So far, they have been one of the more reputable companies in the field. You, or I, or anyone else can use their free or premium plans to research customer opinions and habits. By creating an account for SurveyMonkey Contribute, you will automatically get one with SurveyMonkey.
According to Contribute homepage, they have donated over $10 million to dozens of non-profits to this date.
How Does It Work?
If you already have a SurveyMonkey account, use it to sign in. If not, create a new account by providing your email address and hitting the yellow “Get Started Now” button. Then, you will get to enter your zip code, gender, birth year and month, as well as income level. After a two minutes work, you’re ready to start taking surveys.
You will always get a short outline of what you’re about to gain. For example, my first survey got me a sweepstakes entry for a $100 Amazon gift card, as well as $0.50 donation for Teach for America. Mind the down right-hand corner, where you will have an option to choose another charity if you wish. My first survey was about food delivery apps. I qualified as soon as I confirmed using them. After the survey was done, which took me some five minutes, I was prompted to select my racial or ethnic identity and marital status. That was it! My $0.50 earnings went to the charity and I got a chance to spin a wheel to win an Amazon gift card. Needless to say, I wasn’t the lucky winner. (Which isn’t to say that I never will be.)
You can check for available surveys anytime. If there aren’t any at the moment, you will get more short questionnaires about your lifestyle and purchasing habits, so that they can send more tailored surveys your way. Basically, all of them will be worth $0.50. If you want, you can also submit your mobile phone number to get text alerts for new surveys.
Make money by taking online surveys!
Sign up below to learn how!
- The panel is legit and trustworthy. SurveyMonkey is one of the most reputable survey panels, which adds points to their Contribute branch as well.
- It’s easy to qualify for a survey. Unlike with most other survey platforms, you won’t get many annoying notifications that you aren’t eligible. Most surveys will begin with an introductory question that should determine whether you’re an appropriate candidate. If yes, you will be able to proceed. If not, it’s easier to just wait for another chance when you know you haven’t wasted more than two seconds there.
- You get to choose your charity. They currently work with about 70 organizations including American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Clean Water Fund, Wildlife Conservation Society, Kidpower, Guide Dogs for the Blind, and more. It’s nice to be able to choose which one you want to support.
- You can nominate a charity that doesn’t already participate in their program. If it gets approved, it should start receiving donations shortly.
- By creating an account for SurveyMonkey Contribute, you will also automatically get a free, basic account for the main SurveyMonkey panel. That means you can create your own surveys if you want.
- There’s almost nothing in it for you. Everybody would heartily agree that charities and non-profits are awesome, and it’s great to contribute to a cause you believe in. But it would still be nice to get an incentive every now and then, as a sign of appreciation for your effort.
- Can you unsubscribe at all? According to common user complaints, they tend to send out an enormous number of emails. Even worse, many people have tried to get rid of all the junk by unsubscribing – and failed. I don’t know if it has to do with the email workflow, but it’s rude, to say the least. They literally call on us to mark them spam.
- Users report that their customer service is lousy. They aren’t always as responsive as people expect them to be. I can’t judge on this issue since I never requested help. But I still felt the need to mention that, for the sake of fully honest and balanced review.
Verdict – Should You Give It a Try?
My overall impression about this panel is pretty decent – that is, if you love taking surveys just for the fun of it. Or if you want to make tiny contributions to the causes you stand for. If you belong to either of these groups of survey takers, you should sign up for this panel by all means. It’s safe to trust them with your opinions and habits.
However, if you hope to make surveys your side gig, you should pass this panel. Apart from sweepstakes entries, there are no rewards for you.